Bro. Bill Robertson recently passed away. I surrendered to the ministry under his pastoral leadership. It’s caused me to consider all the men God’s used to influence my life and ministry. Here are a few:
- Pastors: My pastors before I became a pastor
- Professors: From the seminaries I attended
- Laymen: Deacons, SS Teachers, godly men in the churches I have served
- Friends: Those who serve God in the ministry. In addition, friends who are not in the ministry, but who also love the Lord and serve Him faithfully.
- My dad: He was not a preacher or pastor, but he showed me how to honor God in the business world, and more importantly, at home
Who has influenced you? Make a list, and thank God for it! Here’s another thought: Is your name on someone else’s list? Are you pouring your life into others? We live in a day and age when men need to step up and live for Jesus. Men, live for Jesus. Set an example for others to follow. You don’t have to be a preacher or pastor. Be a godly dad. Encourage young men in the church. Live in a way that inspires us to not settle for a life of just video games, cell phones, and YouTube. Ladies, pray for the men in your life, and encourage them to fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith.