I love basketball. My three favorite players are Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and LeBron James. I never was a fan of Kobe, but I do appreciate his game. He’s dead now. 41 years of age, three years younger than me. It’s shocking. To make matters worse, his 13 year old daughter died, too. It hits home because I have a 13 year old daughter. How are we to respond to a death like Kobe’s?
- We can admire his gifts and legacy, but we are not to worship him. Kobe is no god, he was a basketball player. Nor was he perfect, no one is.
- Pray for his family, and pray that God uses this to draw people to Christ as they contemplate death.
- Remember that life is temporary. Death comes to all regardless of age, status, wealth, etc.
- Love your family, you never know what day will be their last.
- Never forget the most important death of all, Jesus’ death on the cross, who died so that we may have eternal life in Him.
One thought on “Responding to Kobe’s Death”
So very well put Jason. Thanks for posting this.