Smiling is the one of the easiest ways to drastically improve your life.
I learned this lesson from my dad. On his business card it read, “Smile, you’ll feel good.” To be honest, I don’t always smile. When I don’t smile:
- People can get the wrong impression of me
- I can look mad, even when I’m not
- I can come across as cold and distant, not warm and friendly
When I do smile, it changes everything. How?
- It makes me feel better
- It changes my attitude
- It helps me connect more with others
- I often get a smile in return, which helps the other person feel better
- It just makes the world a better place
We all know this, but if you’re like me, you don’t smile enough. Why?
- We don’t think about it
- We think we’re smiling, but we really aren’t, (think half-smile)
- We’re not intentional about it
- We’re too focused on ourselves, our phones, etc.
- We feel vulnerable when we take our guard down
Let’s make it a practice to smile more!
- Look in the mirror and see/feel what a true smile is
- Practice smiling
- Make it a goal to smile to 5 people today
It can change your day, attitude, relationships, etc.
“A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” Tom Wilson
Proverbs 15:13, “A happy heart makes the face cheerful.”