My wife and I have been married 26 years, but I still date her.
That sounds super weird! Actually, we went on a date just last night. It was to a simple pizza place, but we had a wonderful time together. Dating my wife doesn’t mean:
- We’re deciding if we’re right for one another
- We’re playing the field and seeing other people
What does it mean?
It means we’re intentional about spending quality time together. We try to go on a date once a week, if possible.
- Sometimes we go see a movie
- Sometimes we just go for a scenic drive
- Usually, we go out to eat
We need this because:
- Life is super hectic
- We have three children living at home
- Both our jobs are stressful and demanding
- There are days we barely see one another
Going on these “dates”
- Helps us get away from the chaos for a moment
- Gives us time to talk about life
- Teaches our children what a healthy marriage looks like
- Allows my wife and I to still have fun together
- Keeps our marriage strong and vibrant, even after 26 years
Are you Married? Take your spouse out on a date. Make is a regular practice!
Proverbs 18:22, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.”