We don’t like the hard things in life. The easy path is the most desired. But, it is the hard path that actually makes like better.
Easy Choices lead to a harder life
- Exercise: The easy choice is to not do it, but stay on the couch instead. Not exercising leads to an unhealthy life.
- Food: The easy choice is to eat junk food, not clean food. Junk food makes life more miserable.
- School: The easy choice is to not finish, or to take the bare minimal. In general, the less education you have, the less opportunities you have.
- Job: The easy choice is to do the bare minimum. The bare minimum gets you nowhere in life.
Hard choices lead to an easier life
- Relationships: The hard choice is to stick with your spouse, even when he or she disappoints you. Yet, there is nothing as fulfilling as a healthy marriage.
- Parenting: The hard choice is to discipline your child and tell him no. Yet, this makes it even easier to parent.
- Money: The hard choice is to not buy that item you really want. Yet, the less you spend, the more you have.
- Knowledge: The hard choice is to actual study something yourself, rather than listen to the “experts” on television. Knowledge is power.
All the blessings I have in my life have come from making the harder choice. Want an easy life? Do what’s hard.
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” Jeff Bezos
How has doing the hard things made your life easier?
1 Corinthians 10:31, “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”