I feel like a completely different person than who I was as a child. Some things are the same, but I’ve changed.
- I hated public speaking, I love it now
- I wasn’t that athletic, now I am
- I lacked confidence, now I have it
- I didn’t apply myself academically, I do now
- I was clueless with fixing things, now I can
Are you more or less like who you were as a child? Here is a fun and quirky way to look at it: Animals. Which one can you identify with?
1. A turtle – you are about the same as you were as a child, but a little out of your shell and comfort zone
2. A snake – you have shed your old skin and slither in newness
3. A fish – you left the aquarium for deeper waters
4. A butterfly – you have completely transformed from a caterpillar, spreading your wings to fly
I see myself as more of a butterfly. I have grown up, developed, and matured into something more.
Is there a different animal to describe your transformation? Let me know. Have fun with it!
1 Corinthians 13:11, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”